A dental crown is a restorative cap which is specially milled to encircle a dental implant or a tooth which has been compromised by decay or excessive wear to improve the function and appearance of the tooth. Crowns can also be used to attach bridges, to protect a weak tooth from further distress, or to restore a tooth that may already have broken.
Crowns are made from a variety of materials including: zirconia, ceramic, and porcelain fused to metal. Your dentist will help you to select a material that is best for your lifestyle and is compatible with your oral health requirements.
Just a few reasons your dentist may recommend a crown include:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth with severe wear.
- To cover misshapen or discolored teeth.
- To cover a dental implant.
- For cosmetic modification.
Dr. Bereman provides CEREC same-day dental crowns to patients located near or in Raleigh, NC. Call our office today to schedule an appointment.
Call Now: (919) 694-4446